As the world of gaming has expanded in recent years, so has the number of companies that are trying to make a business in this field.
While many companies have been able to succeed in the past, statistics from Appdesign.ie show that most mobile game development companies fail before reaching profitability.
Importance Of Mobile Games:
Mobile gaming is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, with annual revenues projected to reach $24.8 billion by 2020.
That’s huge potential for businesses of all sizes, and there are plenty of reasons to get in on the action. Here are just a few:
1. Mobile games are popular: Across all platforms, mobile games are some of the most popular apps in the world. They’re also among the most engaged with – 93 percent of players spending an average of 30 minutes per day playing them. That means there’s a lot of potentials for your business to tap into these consumers.
2. Mobile gaming is growing fast: The market is growing faster than any other industry, which means there’s a lot of opportunity to get involved early on and ride the wave. According to research firm Newzoo, global mobile game revenues will reach $70 billion by 2019 – that’s more than double their current value!
3. Mobile games can be highly profitable: According to App Annie, the top five earners on Apple’s App Store (at least as of March 2017) were all mobile games, earning an average $4 million each! That kind of income potential should be enough to convince any business owner that mobile gaming is worth exploring further – especially if your target audience is young and tech-savvy.
4. Mobile gaming is versatile: Unlike desktop or console gaming where you have to purchase a specific game and stick with it, mobile games are infinitely customizable. This means you can create games that appeal to a wide range of consumers, regardless of their gaming experience or preferences.
5. Mobile gaming is addictive: One of the main reasons mobile games are so popular is because they’re incredibly addicting. According to research firm SuperData, 43 percent of all gamers play mobile games for at least two hours per day – and that percentage is growing! If your business can tap into that addiction and create an engaging experience, you could be on your way to big success.
How A Company Develops Games:
There are a number of reasons why you might choose to hire a mobile game app development company. Perhaps the company is looking to create a new iOS or Android game, or they want to update an existing title. In any case, it’s important to choose the right company for the job. Here are some tips for finding the right development house:
1. Look At Prior Work.
One of the first things you should do when researching a mobile game development company is looking at their previous work. This will give you an idea of what they’re capable of and how well they’ve delivered projects in the past. If you can’t find any information on their website or through other sources, it might be worth asking around your industry peers for recommendations.
2. Ask Around.
Another thing you can do is ask fellow business owners or managers who have worked with mobile game development companies about their experiences and whether they would recommend them.
This type of networking can be helpful in finding reliable partners for your project, and it’ll save you time and money in the long run.
3. Check Out Reviews Online.
Finally, another way to check out if a mobile game development company is a good fit for your needs is by reading online reviews and ratings.
These resources can help you make an informed decision about where to invest your time and resources, so make sure to take them into account when making your selection process!
Benefits Of Hiring A Development Company
Hiring a mobile game development company can provide a lot of benefits. The most obvious benefit is that the company will create a high-quality game for you.
Another benefit is that the company will be able to help you with all of the difficult aspects of developing a mobile game, such as marketing and monetization. Furthermore, a mobile game development company can offer guidance and support throughout the entire process.
Why Hire Individual Developers?
There are many reasons to hire an individual developer for your mobile game project.
- Firstly, you can get a very specialized developer for your project who is experienced in the specific topic of mobile gaming.
- Secondly, you can save money by hiring an individual developer rather than contracting out the entire project.
- Finally, you can get a higher level of quality development work with an individual developer than with a company that specializes in mobile game development.
Pros and Cons of an Individual Developer vs. Development Company
When it comes to developing mobile games, there are pros and cons to hiring an individual developer versus using a development company. Let’s take a look at the key benefits and challenges of working with an individual vs. a development company:
Benefits Of Hiring An Individual Developer
1. More Flexible Schedules: An individual developer is able to work on their own schedule, which can be more flexible than working with a development company that has set hours and deadlines. This gives you more control over when and how you work on your game, which can give you more flexibility in terms of release dates.
2. Greater Quality Control: When working with an individual developer, you have complete control over the quality of your game. This means that if something goes wrong, you’re the one who has to deal with it – no one else will be responsible for fixing it.
3. Less Pressure: Working with an individual developer doesn’t come with the same level of pressure as working with a development company – this can be beneficial if you’re someone who tends to shy away from stressful situations.
4. More Creative Freedom: Since there’s less oversight from a development company, individual developers are free to create whatever they want without fearing retribution from their employer or colleagues. This allows them to create games that are truly unique and reflect their personal style – something that isn’t always possible when working with a team.
Challenges Of Hiring An Individual Developer
1. Limited Resources: As an individual developer, you’re typically not backed by the resources of a development company. This means that you’ll have to spend more time and money on developing your game than if you worked with a development company that could provide you with assistance and resources.
2. Greater Risk: Working with an individual developer carries a greater risk of failure – if your game isn’t successful, it’s all on you. This can be a challenge if you’re not comfortable taking risks or don’t have the experience necessary to succeed in this type of environment.
3. Less Support: If something goes wrong while you’re working on your game, there’s likely not going to be someone available to help you out – this is especially true if you’re working alone. In some cases, this may mean that you’ll have to figure out how to fix your own problems, which can be difficult and time-consuming.
4. Larger Barrier To Entry: Because individual developers are typically less experienced than development companies, it can be harder for them to land new contracts or get their games published.