Regarding modern tendency, we will change our occupations many times in our life. The choice of career path can vary according to which professions are up-to-date or better-paid.
However, there is one thing that remains – if you want to get a, Modern-Day, Demanded Job with a good salary, you should possess specific skills.
The key to a good career lies in obtaining certain basic skills, which do not change through time, though the focus on one or another may alter.
Take charge of your life and self-educate, be autonomous on your career path. For instance, remote work is commonplace now.
There are no colleagues by your side, no one to boss around you, but crying birds and babies, lovely weather outside.
Your willpower and persistence in the working process are being tested all the time if you work remotely. So, you are on your own to focus on your task.
Consider extra studying to grow up in your sphere. The thing is, you should investigate the situation at hand without any outside encouragement, this way you will understand how to prepare for the future and maintain a sustainable level of development.
Forewarned is forearmed, they say, but we are the ones to warn ourselves.😃
The same idea works for business. There is a business quote that hits the box. “Get to know and understand your audience.
When you accomplish that, you will know what the expectation is. Then plan ahead to meet that expectation before being asked.” – Adam Mellor, ONE Gas, Inc.
Most employees suffer from excessive labour. Day-to-day they come to the offices and meet loads of work to do.
However, they can learn how to sail through emerging tasks and preserve physical health – good eye-sight and a healthy spine – as well as mental health. That is why we should learn principal tools to achieve daily targets more efficiently.
Some primary tricks will come in handy: the first thing to do – the most important, take breaks and plan your working process in good time.
Study English. It is a huge bonus not only to put your best foot forward during a job interview but also a trump card when you ask for raise in pay.
What is also acute, you should study programming and learn how to work with computer tools. An ability to Code Websites or to deal with various apps opens up new possibilities and makes your content or working process more efficient, colourful and interesting.
What is more, the skills in programming play a prominent part in shaping analytical mind and ability to arrange information and optimize roadmap of product establishment and carry out projects.
It is a fact that in the UK alone, 23% of employees lack basic digital skills even though they are needed for about 90 % of all new jobs. (The data is taken from Getsmaster.com)
Besides, experts from different fields of industry agree that big data and cybersecurity will play an important role in the 2020s. According to RDA, logical and mathematical thinking, complemented by experience with content and data analysis, will become a key skill of the decade.
If you are not hired on the first 10 vacancies you applied for, do not give up. It is high time you explored new job websites and searched for useful contacts, that can help you find other even more suitable vacancies.
Think constructively and usefully = positively)) A person with a positive mindset is a valuable employee as he or she has such paramount qualities as:
- Energetic. People who think constructively accept the fact that they will make mistakes, as well as that there is no other way to win. They find energy in this understanding, that each step brings them forward to their goal.
- Goodwill. Such people radiate friendliness, the ability to come to an agreement, or a desire to prove oneself right and listen to other people’s opinions. That is crucial in teambuilding.
- Conscientiousness. Conscientiousness, honesty, or a tendency to deceive.
- Neuroticism. Anxiety, emotional instability, or calmness and emotional stability.
- Openness to experience. Curiosity, creativity, or conservatism.
Remember, that if you show your employer that you are helpful, that you are competent enough to take responsibility and that you can conduct a project to finish line, you will surely present yourself as a valuable employee.
5. Empathy, Leadership And Teamwork
Most of the interviewed experts in the field of education noted that it is worth developing cooperation, including multicultural, both in real life and online. You need to learn teamwork and empathy.
Networking and teambuilding are substantial parts of bringing to life projects and ideas due to several reasons. Working as a team means discussion, looking at the product from different prospective and generating new ideas on the way.
That is why an ability to listen attentively, not less important than expressing oneself, matched by the ability to understand and form an idea, with the contribution of each member of the team as its integral part.
- Leadership begins with self-confidence and is molded by positive reinforcement and repetitive success.
- Communication. Speaking and writing, speaking and listening skills.
- Good manners. Courtesy, respectfulness
- Flexibility. Ability to adapt, willingness to change, continuous learning, acceptance of the new.
- Ethics. Honesty, morality, values, correctness.
- Friendliness. Pleasantness, perhaps a sense of humor, caring, sensitivity, tolerance.
- Representativeness. Business-like appearance, good clothes, good looks, poise.
- Teamwork. The ability to listen to other people and express oneself, leadership, the willingness to provide support, cooperation.
- Business ethics. Diligence, willingness to work, loyalty, initiative, motivation, meeting deadlines, presence at the workplace.
In our century of digitalization, the working process of companies is being optimized as much as possible and computers rob daily bread from employees.
That is why creativity and the ability to generate ideas, which distinguish a human being from a robot, have become the skills resistant to any alternations.
Though not all people are born super-creative, creativity is a skill that can be mastered by various exercises. You will become inventive if you use your imagination, try out new methods, learn about something brand new or if you ask yourself a Why-question.
7. Own opinion and social media
I mean the ability to state your outlook on the world, provide arguments supporting it. You can keep a blog, which can grow into your personal brand and make you stand out. It will open new career opportunities.
An account on social media, regularly updated with interesting content, will show you are an outgoing person with your own opinion. That you can analyze facts and apply your knowledge in an interesting, engaging way.
That you follow trends and can make yourself clear. If an employer is good at keeping social media, he or she can promote company’s products as well.
So, first of all, understand your values. This may seem a bit odd, but understanding what is important to you in life and while working will serve you well over your career and can serve as a common thread at you interview.
Secondly, know what you want to do, and be clear about it. If you are novice on the labour market and in search for work, you need to be able to answer a simple question: “What do you want to do?” (John Sigmon, johnsigmon.com)